COVID Vaccine and Testing Information
COVID VACCINE INFORMATION:
At this time, everyone age 12 and older is eligible for vaccination according to the Alabama Department of Public Health Guidelines. An appointment can easily be scheduled by clicking below.
Click here to view the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers 8.23.2021
Who Should Consider a Third Shot (Booster) of COVID-19 Vaccine?
Currently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional (third) dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
- Chronic medical conditions such as asplenia or chronic renal disease, which may be associated with varying degrees of immune deficiency.
Currently, the CDC does not recommend additional doses or booster shots for any other population at this time.
Talk to your healthcare provider about your medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for you.
You may also receive your vaccine without an appointment. Just visit one of the locations listed below during regular operating hours to receive your vaccination. Click the links for important information including directions to the vaccine locations:
- Click here for UAB Medicine Injection Clinic location.
- Click here for Hoover Met vaccination location.
Need to cancel or reschedule your vaccine appointment request?
To cancel or reschedule your COVID vaccine or COVID testing appointment, please call 205-975-1881.
COVID TESTING INFORMATION:
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and would like to be tested, please call 205-975-1881. If you meet the screening criteria, you will be provided an appointment at our drive-through testing center. You must have an appointment for COVID-19 testing.
Click here to view the CDC V-Safe vaccine information sheet.
Are you pregnant? If so, you could be eligible to participate in the CDC Epidemiology of SARS-CoV-2 in Pregnancy and Infancy (ESPI) Vaccine Substudy. UAB researchers are working with the CDC to understand more about the effect of COVID-19 vaccination in pregnancy for mom and baby. Additionally we are looking for non-pregnant reproductive age women as a comparison group. Monetary compensation up to $100 is provided for your time. If interested, please email or call for more information. UABESPI@uabmc.edu (205) 934-1322.
Produced by UAB Medicine Marketing & Communications (learn more about our content).